Specialise in Cranial Prosthesis / Medical Wigs
Malaysia Hair Imports Custom makes medical prosthetic wigs for those with a desire for 100% human hair that is highly realistic and beautifully handcrafted wigs. For medical patients or those with hair loss issues, we can help restore your confidence with a wig that blends naturally with your scalp and hairline. Our scalp prosthesis materials are expertly matched to your skin tone and created with comfort in mind.
What is a cranial prosthesis?
Cranial Prosthesis aka (LACE WIG): Is the latest development in hair replacement units. It is a medical term used to describe a hair system designed specifically for those suffering from long-term or permanent hair loss due to a medical condition such as chemotherapy, alopecia, Trichotillomania, or other medical conditions. Cranial prostheses can be full or partial and must be clearly identified as a full or partial cranial prosthesis on an invoice or a prescription from a physician in order to claim insurance benefits.
Unlike our beautifully designed stock lace wig units, each prosthetic is custom made to fit your head only. They differ in quality, performance, and service. Prosthetic is made of specialized material. They are designed to meet the specific needs of any someone suffering from hair loss. These wigs are form-fitted to become part of you and designed to be styled as if it were your own hair. The wigs are made to look and feel natural – no one will know it is a wig. They are made with 100% Raw Virgin Human Hair and can be parted anywhere throughout the unit to give you that natural scalp appearance.
Our: Cranial Prosthesis / Medical Wigs
100% Human Hair Wigs
Human hair wigs are medically safe and will be softer to the touch and feel more natural, because… they’re real hair! Human Hair wigs are terrific for day-to-day use, can be styled much like your natural hair and can even be dyed or highlighted
If it’s requested, many insurance companies provide either partial or full refunds for a “full cranial prosthesis” due to alopecia, chemotherapy treatment, psoriasis, trichotillomania, or other non-pre-existing medical conditions. Cranial prostheses are custom-made wigs specifically designed for patients who have lost their hair due to medical conditions.
You are probably already well aware that dealing with insurance companies can be difficult, so contact yours as soon as possible. Different insurance companies will have divergent policies regarding coverage for a cranial prosthesis, and many will require a prescription from your doctor. You should talk with your doctor regarding a prosthesis and see if they have any advice from working with other patients with the same insurance provider. Whatever provider you use, be sure to contact them regarding your “cranial prosthesis” (don’t say “wig” when talking to your insurance provider) prior to purchasing a wig. Unfortunately, Medicare and Medicaid do not cover the costs of a cranial prosthesis at this time, Malaysia Hair Imports will work with the insurance company on your behalf, so it is important for you to gather these facts on your own and make the best decisions for your needs.
Applying for Insurance Reimbursement:
- Check your benefits and covered expenses. Copy any page that specifically states that prosthetic devices (or medical treatments) are covered for alopecia areata or other types of hair loss.
- Include a Letter of Medical Necessity, Obtain a doctor’s letter or prescription stating the need for a hair prosthesis or treatment. Obtain a receipt that says ‘hair prosthesis’ from your wig vendor and has that person sign your insurance form.
- Include photos of yourself without a wig or corrective eye-makeup (pictures can also be used to emphasize why treatment is needed).
- Enclose a NAAF brochure describing alopecia areata.
- Provide a detailed personal account of the emotional effects of your alopecia areata (and discuss the costs of frequent hair prosthesis purchases).
- Ask your employer for a letter stating the importance of your general appearance, including your hair.
Insurance Denial Of Your Claim:
- Know your benefits and covered expenses. Obtain a copy of your full contract. Pay particular attention to exclusions for prosthetics (wigs may be excluded as cosmetic). If your policy does not spell out exclusions under prosthetics, this may help you win your claim. Familiarize yourself with your insurance company’s guidelines and deadlines for appeal.
- Understand why you were denied, so you can address the insurance company’s reason(s) directly. Involve your doctor in helping you respond to a denial. Speak with your plan administrator.
- Attach a copy of your original claim and all supporting materials. Explain the difference between a wig and a prosthesis. Explain the functions of body hair: it protects the scalp from the sun; protects eyes from dust particles; regulates body temperature; filters particles from the nose and protects the skin. If you are undergoing treatment, explain again how this is NOT cosmetic treatment.
- Ask for a written reply and carefully document all verbal conversations (insurance companies resist writing anything that may be considered ‘bad faith’ in future court cases).
- Send your appeal to a claims supervisor or manager. If you don’t, the person who initially reviewed your claim may reject it again.
- Consider contacting your state insurance commission, if you are unsuccessful with the appeal process. Keep all correspondence in preparation for this possibility.
How To Place A Custom Medical Orders
1) Insurance Coverage – We can submit a claim on your behalf
2) Paying out of pocket – No insurance coverage/paying up front ( Read below )
We offer multiple medical lace wig designs suitable for clients who have been affected by hair loss. This can be as a result of many conditions including:
- Chemotherapy and Radiation Cancer Treatments
- Natural Hair Pattern Balding
- Other medical disorders that lead to hair loss
You can order by contacting us, either by phone or complete our email and explain your individual needs, and the type of medical system you want us to create for you and a customer care agent will contact you within 24 hours.
Contact us to obtain a properly itemized receipt if you bought your piece from us. Your Full Cranial Prosthesis may be considered a tax-deductible medical expenses.
Once you place the order In a few weeks depending upon desired selections, your wig will be totally hand-made to your own head measurements/template in order to achieve the best results.
We can make a natural looking custom system uniquely designed just for you. Hair loss is our specialty. If you suffer from Alopecia, Chemotherapy due to cancer we will create your perfect wig to fit your needs. There is nothing like wearing a gorgeous wig designed just for you!
For payment, we are able to work with all major and private insurance providers and we also accept health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and health reimbursement accounts. Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, ChampVA, Cigna, Humana, Tricare, and United Healthcare all offer coverage for a cranial prosthesis.
Upon calling our insurance coordinators at 1-800-567-1174, email firstname.lastname@example.org we will verify your benefits and let you know exactly what benefits are offered and covered by your insurance plan for a medical cranial prosthesis